playback mono audio from headerless wav file

Eirny Kwon happylogin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:18:57 PST 2015

Hi!

I have tested several .wav files that contains mono audio (here attaches for example)
and I try to playback them with GStreamer.
I have been having no problem to handle mp3, m4a, webm .. and many other formats that contains high quality stereo audio.
But the problem is those low quality (8bit, 8000Hz, mono) audio..

I have tried with …

>>> Works but sounds really bad comparing with os default player
	gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=./test_media/infloop.wav ! decodebin ! autoaudiosink

>>> Any other tries failed.
	gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=./test_media/infloop.wav ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! volume ! autoaudiosink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

** (gst-launch-1.0:7333): WARNING **: Invalid channel positions

** (gst-launch-1.0:7333): WARNING **: Invalid channel positions
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstWavParse:wavparse0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstwavparse.c(2249): gst_wavparse_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstWavParse:wavparse0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...

** (gst-launch-1.0:7333): WARNING **: Invalid channel positions
Freeing pipeline ...

Since I can not attach audioconvert and any other plugins I can not properly manipulate it.
Can anybody can tell me how i can properly manipulate those files for playback/transcoding?

Many thanks in advance.