gstreamer undefined symbol: _gst_fraction_type error

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Nov 3 08:59:02 PST 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-03 at 07:00 -0800, stproj wrote:

Hi,

> I am reporting both the print output of ldd ./myapp and after i link
> LD_CONFIG_PATH to the /usr/lib gstreamer library. I have edited the
> outputs
> so that they can be readable.  Also, when i link the LD_CONFIG_PATH i
> get
> the output that you see below. Please provide some information
> regardings to
> these errors:

It looks like the 'undefined symbol' problem was resolved then, yes?

> And the print i get after i link the my app to the gstreamer lib:
>
> *$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/ ./client-rtpaux *
>
> (rtpaux2:5359): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion
> 'GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed
> (rtpaux2:5359): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion
> 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

This probably indicates that you are missing some plugins/elements, and
that the application in question doesn't check whether the element it
tried to create is actually available.

You can run it in gdb with G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings to make it stop at
the first warning, and then look at the 'bt' stack trace to see which
line of code triggered it. Then check with gst-inspect-1.0 ELEMENTNAME
that the element actually exists. Perhaps you need to install some of
the plugins, or set GST_PLUGIN_PATH.

Cheers
 -Tim