splitmuxsink with curlftpsink is generating only one fragment and pipeline exits with a timeout error.

raghava.447 raghava.447 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 01:13:57 PST 2015

splitmuxsink with mpegtsmux and curlftpsink is generating only one fragment
and pipeline exits after displaying a timeout error with gst_poll_wait API.

After lots of experiments, I tried disabling the portion of code in the
function "handle_transfer" of the file gstcurlbasesink.c of gst-plugins-bad
where gst_poll_wait API is being used and GST_FLOW_ERROR is returned if no
activity is found the concerned fd.

By disabling this, I could see the pipeline moving ahead and the fragments
being generated at the target location.

I want to understand what gstcurlbasesink is exactly trying to do and why is
it only after disabling this portion of code fragments are being generated.

Also, I observed one more thing. If I use mp4mux instead of mpegtsmux the
pipeline just exits.
Please help me to resolve these issues. Any quick response is greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Raghavendra Rao