gstreamer undefined symbol: _gst_fraction_type error

stproj smpalasis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 03:47:55 PST 2015

Nicolas Dufresne-3 wrote

> Next time, try enabling debug symbols, using -g. Though here the reason
> is very obvious. You call from your program (in the main() function)
> gst_bin_add() with a NULL pointer (element=NULL). It's a problem in
> your code. Try and check you return values (specially when calling
> gst_element_factory_make()).

Hi,

The specific example is part of the good plugins examples, inside the rtp
folder. Perhaps i should feed the program with some init command line
arguments but it is not specified inside the code.

My expectation was, since  address and ports are reserved from the code to
see a message that an incoming rtp stream has yet to be found. Instead i see
these errors which are making my believe that i am missing something.

To the forum admins: since the initial problem is solved, i can open another
thread in order to make more sence.

Thanks for your efforts,
S.