Encoded file is not playable while using mp4mux in gstreamer pipe ?

ssshukla26 ssshukla26 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 07:40:49 PST 2015

Hi,

Am using the following command to /display and encode/  from YUV file

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=rawvideo.yuv ! videoparse format=i420
width=640 height=480 framerate=30/1 ! tee name=t t. ! queue max-size-bytes=0
max-size-time=0 max-size-buffers=0 ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
autovideosink t. ! queue ! x264enc ! *mp4mux* ! filesink location=final.mp4

But the problem is if I exit the pipe in middle (i.e. i press ctrl+c or
close the display window) then the final.mp4 is not playable (i.e. it won't
open with any video player). It is playable if I let it complete its
operation and the pipe exits gracefully when it reaches EOS of my YUV file.

Not only that if I use the below command the final.mp4 so produced is
playable

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=rawvideo.yuv ! videoparse format=i420
width=640 height=480 framerate=30/1 ! tee name=t t. ! queue max-size-bytes=0
max-size-time=0 max-size-buffers=0 ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
autovideosink t. ! queue ! x264enc ! *mpegtsmux* ! filesink
location=final.mp4

i.e is instead of mp4mux if I use mpegtsmux in my gstreamer pipe and exit
the pipe in middle of processing the final.mp4 is not affected and its
playable.

I am not able to find out why !

Anyone please help ...