how to authenticate using rtmpsink

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 06:07:20 PST 2015

Hi Yakov

You may find some useful information about using GStreamer to feed Content
Distributions Networks on this page
http://sourceforge.net/p/snowmix/wiki/Snowmix%20and%20CDNs/

The trick is to compose a rather complicated location string. I haven't
tested the Akamai setup recently, so expect some changes needed. The
location string was reverse engineered using Wireshark.

You need to set a couple of variables, here shown using bash

    akamai_server='INSERT_YOUR_AKAMAI_SERVER_NAME_HERE'
    akamai_user='INSERT_YOUR_AKAMAI_USER_NAME_HERE'
    akamai_pass='INSERT_YOUR_AKAMAI_PASSWORD_NAME_HERE'
    flashver='FME/3.0%20(compatible;%20FMSc%201.0)'
    akamai_flashver="flashver=FMLE/3.0(compatible;FMSc/1.0)
playpath=I4Ckpath_12 at 44448"
    stream_key="live=true pubUser=$akamai_user pubPasswd=$akamai_pass"
    location="rtmp://$akamai_server/EntryPoint $stream_key $akamai_flashver"

It will be really helpful if you tell how far you get with this so I can
update the information.

Best regards
Peter Maersk-Moller