'playbin' gstreamer plugin missing

Ashish Kumar Mishra ashish.kmishra at dexceldesigns.com
Fri Nov 13 02:33:31 PST 2015

Hi All ,

1) In ubuntu 14.04 , i have installed gstreamer-1.6.1 by :-
./confgure
sudo make               [ No error]
sudo make install     [ No error]

When i am trying to run  the default sample code available
~/gstreamer-1.6.1/tests/examples/helloworld ::sudo ./helloworld test.mp4
*'playbin' gstreamer plugin missing *

2)  When i check the element from gst-inspect-0.10 playbin . I can find the
details

3) When i check the element from gst-inspect-1.0 playbin
*No such element or plugin 'playbin'*

Could group members please let me know what might be the problem

Thanks ,
Ashish Kumar Mishra