Bidirectional rtpbin audio transcoding

Okrslar Ales okrslar at iskratel.si
Mon Nov 16 05:22:17 PST 2015

Hello !

We're strugling using rtpbin (two of them) in a bidirectional server side audio transcoding pipeline: (simplified here)

   udpsrc  -> rtpbin_1  -> rtpdepay_x -> decode_x  -> encode_y -> rtppay_y    -> rtpbin_2 -> udpsink
   udpsink <- rtpbin_1 <- rtppay_x     <- encode_x  <- decode_y <- rtpdepay_y <- rtpbin_2 <- udpsrc

This is all encapsulated in a single pipeline. When the pipeline receives incoming RTP stream, a warning appears:
GStreamer-WARNING **: loop detected in the graph of bin 'transcoding_pipeline_0'!!

The pipeline works as expected, but when we try to tear it down, starting by setting it to NULL state, the driving thread dead-locks on a gstreamer mutex.
Do we follow a valid approach to the transcoding of audio RTP  ? Thanks!
Regards, Ales

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee. Any unauthorised use, review, retransmissions, dissemination, copying or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

To elektronsko sporo?ilo in vse morebitne priloge lahko vsebujejo informacije zaupne narave in so namenjene izklju?no naslovniku. Fizi?ni ali pravni osebi, ki ni naslovnik, je kakr?nakoli nepoobla??ena uporaba, pregledovanje, po?iljanje, raz?irjanje, kopiranje ali drug na?in razpolaganja z vsebino sporo?ila strogo prepovedana.