'playbin' gstreamer plugin missing

Ashish Kumar Mishra ashish.kmishra at dexceldesigns.com
Fri Nov 20 00:35:23 PST 2015

Hi Team ,

I am able to address the problem.

A) The installation from packages and the linkage is mentioned above in the
thread.

B) I am listing the other points which helped to address the bug:-

"Ubuntu restricted extras"  needs to be installed .

There are chance's that the installation might fail stating mismatch in .deb
file
    a) Try and change the Software & Updates -> Download from  -> XXX.
        Mine was Server for India which i changed to Main server. Still the
error was there.

    b) "configure: *** Orc acceleration disabled.  Requires Orc >= 0.4.16,
which ..." during installation
        of gst-libav-1.6.1.
        This i addressed by downloading orc-0.4.24.tar.xz from
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/orc/
        [ Installation is standard ./configure + make + sudo make install ]

    c) cat /var/cache/apt/archives/partial , helped to figure that the
packages are failing due to SIZE
        limit . In the log *" ....The file is larger than the configured
file size limit.<br />..."*
        So our Admin team removed this limit condition from my PC & i am
able to get the result as
        expected.

Thanks for all team members to provide their valuable feedback & time.

Thanks ,
Ashish Kumar Mishra.