sending DTMF RFC 2833

symeon.mattes symeon.mattes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 07:42:03 PST 2015

I'm going to rephrase a little bit my question in order to simplify it. What
I'm trying to do is send DTMF signals over network. So I would expect the
following to work. Is there anything to do?

pipeline_sending=gst_pipeline_new("sending-data");
    dtmf = gst_element_factory_make("rtpdtmfsrc",NULL);
    udpsink = gst_element_factory_make("udpsink",NULL);

g_object_set(G_OBJECT(udpsink),"port",remotePort.intValue,"host",remoteAddress.UTF8String,"bind-port",5004,NULL);

    gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(pipeline_sending), dtmf,udpsink,NULL);
gst_element_link_many(dtmf,udpsink,NULL);

    GstStructure *structure = gst_structure_new("dtmf-event",
                                  "type",G_TYPE_INT,1,
                                  "number",G_TYPE_INT,4,
                                  "volume",G_TYPE_INT,25,
                                  "start",G_TYPE_BOOLEAN,TRUE,NULL);
    GstEvent *event =
gst_event_new_custom(GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_UPSTREAM,structure);
    gst_element_send_event(pipeline_sending,event);