how do I decode mutiple H.264 video streams simultaneously by using OpenMax IL infrastructure?

zhang007z zhang007z at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 19:24:28 PST 2015

thank you, Nicolas Dufresne-3
I also have other questions about gst-omx.
first of all, according to your interpretation about the housing of OpenMax
IL such as gst-omx, I think if certain cpu exist only one decoding/encode
video engine,I have an idea that how to implement to encode/decode mutiple
H.264 video streams simultaneously by only one decoding/encode video
engine,please Nicolas Dufresne-3 tell me about whether this method is
available or not? at first , I take an example that I decode mutiple H.264
video streams simultaneously in only one decoding video engine,secondly I
split each of video stream in H.264 GOP length into video engine for
decoding. for example, I have 4 channels of H.264 video streams,then split
out 4 section of video streams in GOP length form each of 4 channels of
H.264 video streams,then I put one of 4 section into the decoding video
engine asynchronously at time-sharing for decoding 4 section of video
streams , I can basically accomplish to decode 4 channels by this method,
because ting decoding/encode video engine switch to decode video streams is
very fast , so it can be considered to decode simultaneously. If this method
is workable theoretically,then we can achieve the thread pool and the task
queue and the buffer manager for this model. Can gst-omx implement to decode
mutiple H.264 video streams asynchronously at time-sharing  by using this
model?

secondly, if one specific cpu exist mutiple video engines ,in this case I
have another idea ,for example the cpu has two video engines.  if I have 2
channels of video streams,then I split 2 channels of video streams as 2
streams into every video engine on average. if I have 3 channels of video
streams, then I split one video stream into one video engine  from 3
channels,while the other 2 channels video streams I put into the second
video engine to decode. for multiple channels video streams,and so on. Can
gst-omx implement to decode multichannel video streams simultaneously if
this theory is established?

For above 2 points ,this means that gst-omx of housing of OpenMax IL
standard can automatically determine that how many video engines in specific
video cpu,and then it can start creating mutiple decoding object instances
to decode multichannel video streams simultaneously. in this case I don't
know that can gst-omx achieves this functionality by the thread pool and the
task queue and the buffer manager?what difficulties and obstacles that we
can't finish the task if gst-omx don't achieves this functionality?

hi Nicolas Dufresne-3 , for such problems ,do you have any good ideas ?
thank you for spending your time for my issues.thank you very much.

if anybody have any idea for me, thank you to explain this issue for me.