How to start two RTP streams at the same time?

David Jaggard davywj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 05:11:47 PST 2015

Pipeline is along the lines of:

udpsrc -> tsdemux -> video and audio
  video -> h264parser -> rtpH264Pay -> rtpbin (session 0) --> multiudpsink
  audio -> decodebin -> audioconvert -> audioresample -> voaacenc ->
rtpMP4GPay -> rtpbin (session 1) -> multiudpsink

In other words video is being passed through while audio is being
transcoded.

I would like the video and audio rtp streams to start at the same time but
I can't make that happen; Video always starts before audio (due to the
latency in the audio transcoding).

If I transcode the video as well then the rtp streams *do* *start at the
same time*. Given that the latency in transcoding the video is much higher
than that to transcode the audio how is it that gstreamer is about to
synchronise in this instance but not when I am simply parsing the video?

Is there a plugin that will synchronise the two streams before hitting the
rtpbin? I have already tried passing both streams into a multiqueue and a
streamsynchronizer
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-streamsynchronizer.html>
but neither made a difference.