Composition with gst-launch.

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 16:19:00 PST 2015

After looking at some pages, I acchieve this command:

gst-launch-1.0 -e v4l2src \
! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=15/1 \
! videobox top=-20 left=-20 \
! videomixer name=mix \
! videoconvert \
! ximagesink ximagesrc startx=500 use-damage=0 \
! video/x-raw,framerate=15/1 \
! videoscale method=0 \
! video/x-raw,width=1024,height=576 \
! videoflip method=horizontal-flip \
! mix.

To show a screencast of the screen, starting at 500px and show a PiP box
with the Webcam video. I would want to know some stuff:

- How to make this PiP to have 0.5 of alpha? I tried with "alpha=0.5" in
videobox, but it doesn't work.
- How to move the Webcam video 20px to right and 20px down, without
black borders? alpha=0 and border-alpha=0 doesn't work...

Attached a window screenshot.

Thanks!