About time stamp in fast-forward and slow-motion

SpicyChicken xch0929 at 126.com
Thu Nov 26 22:27:48 PST 2015

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> On Di, 2015-11-24 at 22:17 -0800, SpicyChicken wrote:
>> Curiously, there is a jump from 15 seconds to 18 seconds.
>>
>> [...]
>> 1.2.4-patches/4/gst-plugins-base/gst-l
>
> So you're doing seeking on an RTSP stream that is served by gst-rtsp-
> server? Please try again with GStreamer 1.6 or newer, there were many
> changes since 1.2, also related to seeking.
>
> It's correct however that timestamps after an RTSP seek start again at
> 0, it's then mapped to the correct stream time (what your UI is showing
> as position) and running time (what is used for synchronization) by the
> GstSegment that rtspsrc creates.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

> signature.asc (968 bytes)
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4674649/0/signature.asc>

Actually, it is not a RTSP stream  served by gst-rtsp-server. The session is
based on SIP, and it is RTP streaming.  But every time when I start SEEK,
the video always halt for several seconds. And I dived into
gstrtpbasepayload.c (what displayed above). I do not know why and How to
fix.

Thanks,
Spc