Steps/procedure to build GStreamer/gst-plugins-bad

tausiq tausiq19 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 02:44:18 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I would like to build gst-plugins-bad in my Mac (OS X El capitan). I am
eager to contribute on gst-plugins-bad, specifically avfvideosrc

I believe, I need to build the gst-plugins-bad first. Here is the steps I am
following

*Step 1*:
I have git cloned the latest code from here,
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/

*Step 2*:
I ran "./autogen.sh"

*Step 3*:
Few components was not found (autoconf etc). I had installed those using
brew

now, I am getting the following error,

"*autopoint: command not found*"

and there is no brew formula for autopoint.

Full log is,
======================================
/./autogen.sh
+ check for build tools
  checking for autoreconf ...
/usr/local/bin/autoreconf
  checking for pkg-config ...
/usr/local/bin/pkg-config
+ checking for autogen.sh options
  This autogen script will automatically run ./configure as:
  ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-gtk-doc
  To pass any additional options, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh
  command line.
+ running autopoint --force...
common/gst-autogen.sh: line 108: autopoint: command not found

autopoint failed/

Could anyone please help me to resolve the issue? Also what would be the
next step to build/run gst-plusgins-bad? any link/tutorial/resources would
be really helpful.

Thank you in advance.