splitmuxsink arbitrary close

cottrelld david at elarm.com
Fri Oct 2 15:13:33 PDT 2015

Hi, here's a tough one.  I'm using splitmuxsink on a tee to write out videos.
roughly the pipeline is as follows:

src->tee->queue->encoder->splitmuxsink
             ->queue->fakesink

With some others in there.  I remove the elements on the writer tee branch,
and leave the pipeline and null fakesink branch running.  Later I recreate
all the elements of the writer from scratch and attach.  When I do this, the
splitmuxsink creates videos but the first ones are all of just one static
image, then eventually the videos come out normally.  It’s as if when I
recreate the elements, they’re using some global state that wasn’t reset
when I unref’ed them and recreated them.  If I kill everything and rerun the
app, the first run works great, and if i kill the writer branch and recreate
it again, the issue develops...

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,
-David