recorded video file using gstreamer pipeline has problem in kdenlive(have no timestamp in VLC), failed to play

sina_sh sina.shafai at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 15:17:12 PDT 2015

I have a gstreamer pipeline to record Video (MJPEG)+Audio from a Webcam
(C930e) as below:

    gst-launch-1.0  v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! 'image/jpeg, width=1920,
height=1080, framerate=30/1' \
    ! videorate ! queue  ! mux2. \
     pulsesrc
device="alsa_input.usb-046d_Logitech_Webcam_C930e_AAF8A63E-02-C930e.analog-stereo"
\
    !  'audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=1,depth=24' !  audioconvert \
    !  avenc_aac compliance=experimental ! queue ! mux2. matroskamux    \
    name="mux2" ! filesink location=/home/sina/Webcam.mts

every time I try to play the recorded video file (.mts) the player can not
detect its duration (I'm using ffplay) + also Kdenlive can not even play it!

my assumption is that this happens because the kdenlive can not detect the
duration of the video(?), am I right?

What should I do to get the kdenlive (and other players) to play this video
smoothly? what part of my pipeline causes the problem?

p.s: I don't wanna change the container to another one (or convert the video
file) since it has to be in a .mts one due to future implementations. it has
to capture in Mjpeg since that's the only option I have to capture in HD.

Thanks a lot in advance