Problem in using mpegtsmux

sina_sh sina.shafai at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 05:17:51 PDT 2015

Hi,

I would like to capture a video stream (+audio) in MJPEG from my webcam into
.mts container using this pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0  v4l2src do-timestamp=true  device=/dev/video0  !
'image/jpeg,framerate=30/1,width=1280,height=720' ! videorate ! queue !
mux2.  pulsesrc do-timestamp=true
device="alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo" !
'audio/x-raw,rate=88200,channels=1,depth=24' !  audioconvert !  avenc_aac
compliance=experimental ! queue ! mux2. mpegtsmux name="mux2" ! filesink
location=/home/sina/Webcam.mts

it seems that my pipeline doesn't recognize the mpegtsmux (?)
when i use avimux or even matroskamux it works but as far as I know for
MPEG-TS I need to use the correct muxer which is "mpegtsmux"

This is the warning:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link queue0 to mux2

Can you please tell me what part of my pipeline is wrong? or what shall I
change in order to get a timestamped video stream at the end (duration of
the video must be shown when I play it via kdenlive or VLC)?

Best,
Sina