Basic question

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 00:25:16 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Jorge Fernandez Monteagudo
<jorgefm at cirsa.com> wrote:
> I'm implementing a little test application in C and Gstreamer 1.x to code the next pipeline:
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=$1 typefind=true ! video/quicktime ! aiurdemux ! vpudec ! mfw_isink
>
> and I would like to know how translate the 'video/quicktime' element to C code.
>
> I have a GstElement for the other pipeline components but it's not clear to me what the
> 'video/quicktime' is?

That 'video/quicktime' string gets translated to a 'capsfilter'
element by gst-launch with its 'caps' property set to a GstCaps object
corresponding to 'video/quicktime'. You'll need to do something like:

capsfilter = gst_element_factory_make ("capsfilter", NULL);
caps = gst_caps_from_string ("video/quicktime");
g_object_set (capsfilter, "caps", caps, NULL);
gst_caps_unref (caps);

[...]

Cheers,
--