glimagesink : lockup when using overlay and going back to ready state

philippe renon philippe_renon at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 5 12:58:57 PDT 2015

Hi,
I forgot to mention that the exact same lockups happen with 1.6.0. I switched to master in the hope that the latest gl commits would solve the issues.

I would like to mention that a non gl pipeline (i.e. "videotestsrc ! d3dvideosink") never locks up where the gl one does systematically.The gl lockups are reproducible 100% of the time in one or two mouse clicks.

I have attached a full backtrace of the lockup that happens when going from Running to Ready state : full_backtrace_ready.txt
I have also attached a full backtrace of another lockup on resize : full_backtrace_resize.txtThe lockup on resize is particular in the sense that it happens only on one resize scenario.The video gadget and its window are embedded in a larger application.Resizing the widget through a splitter or max/minimizing the application does not lead to the lockup.The video widget has a console panel that can be shown or hidden.Opening the console panel does not lead to a lockup. Closing it does... Both events trigger a resize of the main/parent window.

And, thanks Xavier for mentioning how glimagesink creates a private child window. I'll be less clueless when reading the code. But don't expect a fix coming from me anytime soon though... I'll continue to look at the code but more to learn than to fix.
But I can help by providing test results or testing patches.

Regards,Philippe.