GStreamer Camera compliance

Rushin Shah rushin.shah at einfochips.com
Tue Oct 6 01:33:27 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with my USB camera. Whenever I try to capture the
stream from V4L2 source, it either returns only the GREY data or returns
"Internal data flow error"

Following is my pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src ! video/x-raw,framerate=25/1,widht=640,height=360
! avimux ! filesink location=test.raw

Following is the detailed error log:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAviMux:avimux0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-msvideo
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Internal
data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2933): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSink:filesink0.GstPad:sink: caps =
video/x-msvideo
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I also installed v4l2-ctl utility and following are the outputs:

# v4l2-ctl --list-devices
msm_vdec_8974 ():
        /dev/video32
        /dev/video33

Condor (usb-78d9000.ehci-1.1):
        /dev/video0
        /dev/video1

# v4l2-ctl --list-formats
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
        Index       : 0
        Type        : Video Capture
        Pixel Format: 'MUX ' (compressed)
        Name        : MUX

It seems my camera is giving mux as output and that is the reason my
pipeline does not work. Please suggest what could be wrong as soon as
possible.

Thanks in advance!