Mixing gl and non gl elements

philippe renon philippe_renon at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 11 12:56:57 PDT 2015

Answering my own question... and I think I have a simple test case to reproduce the gleffects crash.

Adding a videoconvert element was the trick to get the pipeline working.
Now the below pipeline crashes:
gst-launch-1.0.exe videotestsrc ! glupload ! gleffects ! gldownload ! videoconvert ! d3dvideosink
Same pipeline without the gleffects works fine:

gst-launch-1.0.exe videotestsrc ! glupload ! gldownload ! videoconvert ! d3dvideosink
Unfortunately, the bt of the crash is not helpful but it dpes indicate that the crash happens in the nvidia driver.

Philippe.