Steps to package a custom (modified source) GStreamer iOS universal build

tausiq tausiq19 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:26:23 PDT 2015

Hello all,

Purpose

I would like to change few params/code in *avfvideosrc.m* file (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/sys/applemedia/avfvideosrc.m)
then, I would like to package GStreamer iOS SDK universal build with the
changes I have made

I am not really sure how would I achieve the goal. Here I am writing the
exhaustive steps that I am following, please correct me if there is any
mistakes.

Step#1: Clone gstreamer

git clone http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/
cd gstreamer
./autogen.sh
make

Step#2: Clone gst-plugins-base

git clone http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/
cd gst-plugins-base
./autogen.sh
make

Steps#3: Clone gst-plugins-good

git clone http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/
cd gst-plugins-good
./autogen.sh
make

Steps#4: Clone gst-plugins-bad

git clone http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/
*[Here I am making the changes in avfvideosrc.m]*
cd gst-plugins-bad
./autogen.sh
make

Now how do I make a package of GStreamer iOS universal from here?

For custom build (without source changes) I do the following,

git clone http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/
cd cerbero
./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc bootstrap
./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc package
gstreamer-1.0

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me to get things right.

Thank you.