How to make nlecomposition/nleurisource work as expected?

Thibault Saunier tsaunier at gnome.org
Thu Oct 15 09:38:47 PDT 2015

> But when I try to use '-o' option to render it to a file, ges-launch-1.0 is
> hung (not exit).
>    ges-launch-1.0 --track-types=audio -o out.ogg +clip ten.ogg inpoint=10.0
> duration=2.0 start=0.0
>
> What is wrong with the above command?

I should document that, basically you are trying to output only one
audio track but you are trying to render it inside inside a container
with audio+video (default output format being
application/ogg:video/x-theora:audio/x-vorbis). That command will work
if you properly specify an output format with only audio:

ges-launch-1.0 --track-types=audio -o out.ogg +clip ten.ogg
inpoint=10.0  duration=2.0 start=0.0 -f
"application/ogg:audio/x-vorbis"

>If NleComposition has only one src pad, and if the the file contains the video and audio streams, how could I link the video and audio to the other elements?

You need to have one composition per output. If you have audio and
video, that means you need 2 nlecompositions.

Regards,

Thibault