Audio synchronization issue with RTSP streaming

suspension manusha1980 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 06:24:25 PDT 2015

So I have changed the omxplayer to route the audio stream to local audio
channel rather than to HDMI and now they are synchronized well. So I don't
this it has anything to do with RTSP server.

Just to make sure, I played the same movie locally using gst-launch/playbin
and I still see that the two streams are not synchronized, the gap is small
(sub-second) but it is clearly noticeable. Can this happen due to issues in
the file?