Enable parameter in avfvideosrc.m

tausiq tausiq19 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 02:08:59 PDT 2015

Hello All,

I would like to enable the Exposure mode to
AVCaptureExposureModeContinuousAutoExposure in
/gst-plugins-bad/edit/master/sys/applemedia/avfvideosrc.m/ file

Better yet, if a setter method can be added on that file using which I can
directly set the parameter by direct call from Apple APIs

I have made the following changes in the mentioned file,

/typedef enum _ExposureMode {
  AVCaptureExposureModeContinuousAutoExposure,
  AVCaptureExposureModeLocked
} ExposureMode;

#define DEFAULT_EXPOSURE_MODE AVCaptureExposureModeContinuousAutoExposure/

/#define GST_TYPE_EXPOSURE_MODE (gst_exposure_mode_get_type ())
static GType
gst_exposure_mode_get_type (void)
{
  static GType gst_exposure_mode_type = 0;

  if (!gst_exposure_mode_type) {
    static GEnumValue exposure_types[] = {
      { AVCaptureExposureModeContinuousAutoExposure, "automatically adjusts
the exposure level",    "auto" },
      { AVCaptureExposureModeLocked,  "exposure level is fixed", "locked"
},
      { 0, NULL, NULL },
    };

    gst_exposure_mode_type =
	g_enum_register_static ("GstExposureMode",
				exposure_types);
  }

  return gst_exposure_mode_type;
}/

/
g_object_class_install_property (gobject_class, PROP_EXPOSURE_MODE,
    g_param_spec_enum ("exposure-mode", "Exposure mode",
		       "Type of Exposure mode",
                       GST_TYPE_EXPOSURE_MODE,
AVCaptureExposureModeContinuousAutoExposure,
                       G_PARAM_READWRITE | G_PARAM_STATIC_STRINGS));
/

if anyone could manage some time to look into the changed file, here it is,

https://github.com/tausiq/gst-plugins-bad/commit/60ac3b641bcd0ef5476cace60eae8b07dcf0a1c3

I am wondering if I am on the right track or did the changes correctly. If
yes, I will go further and start to add additional parameters in the file.
Eventually I would like to publish the changes as a patch.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you all.