live stream latency

stic at free.fr stic at free.fr
Fri Oct 23 01:29:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a pipeline for a live stream, the sink is a tcpserversink.
When the client connects to the stream it usually takes some time and introduces some latency, I found that by pausing the pipeline a few seconds and playing it again the latency is reduced.
I don't understand very well why this happens, so does someone could explain such behaviour and tell if there is a way to remove the latency immediately at client connection, without having to pause/play the pipeline a few seconds ?

Thank you very much.