Gstreamer 1.6.0 unable to find rtph264depay on RTSP stream

Adrien CLERC adrien.clerc at gls-france.com
Fri Oct 23 02:23:40 PDT 2015

Hi,

Before opening a bug to Bugzilla, I'd like to ask to everyone here if
someone had the same issue. Or if I missed something.
I compiled manually GStreamer 1.6.0 (gstreamer, gst-plugins-base,
gst-plugins-good, gst-libav), because my target is SLES 11 SP3. So far,
so good, but opening an RTSP stream with gst-launch and decodebin now
fails, and it was working with 1.4.5. See attached log for a session
with gst-launch 1.6
But, if I manually add the rtph264depay, then the correct pipeline is
created. What's the missing point? Shouldn't decodebin find by itself
the depayloader?

Thanks for all your kind answers,

Adrien

PS: Please CC me, I didn't subscribe to this list (yet?)