webcam

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Oct 26 09:20:38 PDT 2015

Le lundi 26 octobre 2015 à 14:51 +0000, Francois Baret a écrit :
> I would like to build an application which receives on a client the
> stream from a server webcam. I have been looking at the sdk tutorial
> -12
> which displays a video file located on the net or on the local disc.
> Do
> you think it might be possible to replace the playbin2 URI by an UDP
> address of an incoming stream?
> GStreamer works particularly well (no latency) with two udpsink and
> udpsrc pipelines like that:

Camera's rarely uses raw RTP these days. Most of the time, IP cameras
implement RTSP. For that, you can you "playbin" (playbin2 was the name
in 0.10 which is no longer maintained) with an rtps:// type of URI.

> gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src !  video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! x264enc
> tune=zerolatency byte-stream=true  bitrate=3000 threads=2 ! h264parse
> config-interval=1 !  rtph264pay ! udpsink host=<host> port=5200
>
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5200 !
> application/x-rtp,encoding-name=H264,payload=96 ! rtph264depay !
> h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! autovideosink

Ideally, you will want to use rtpjitterbuffer element. This element
will remove the jitter and do UDP packet reordering.

> Are you aware of an example using gst-sdk for streaming a webcam?

Note that GStreamer SDK from gstreamer.com is not directly related to
the GStreamer Project. The content of this website is unfortunately out
of date and the GStreamer Project members have no access to update it.

cheers,
Nicolas