How to best obtain packet loss statistics from rtspsrc

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 22:19:42 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 2:57 AM, Jesper Larsen <knorr.jesper at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have retrieved the statistics this way
>
> 1. Register a "new-manager" signal callback on rtspsrc to get the rtpbin
> element
> 2. Register a "on-ssrc-active" signal callback on the rtpbin element
> 3. Emit the "get-internal-session" signal on the bin with session id from
> callback 2)
> 4. Emit the "get-source-by-ssrc" signal on the session with the ssrc id
> from callback 2) (not actually sure this signal is documented, but you can
> find it in gst/rtpmanager/rtpsession.c)
> 5. Get the "stats" property from the rtpsource obtained in 4)
>
> The API for all this has changed quite a bit, but this approach should
> work on 1.4 and 1.6. Looks like there is new API that makes some shortcuts
> that are marked for 1.8.
>
> Jesper

Thanks Sebastian and Jesper.  This was a great help and I'm able to view
the statistics now.  I'd welcome the new API, since this is a pretty
elaborate way of getting to some nice statistics.

One question - is there a way that I can get access to a shared (read only,
or immutable) version of the statistics from the rtp source?  I'd like to
store that and reference it when I need to read it, rather than needing to
go through the process of getting a new copy of the statistics GstStructure
every time.