GStreamer on Android 6.0 - anyone?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Oct 28 14:44:06 PDT 2015

On Mi, 2015-10-28 at 13:59 -0700, Carl Kovamees wrote:
> I'm curious to hear if anyone used GStremaer on Android 6.0
> (Marshmallow)
> yet.
>
> I updated my Nexus 5 to Android 6.0 and I started to get problems to
> configure the codec.
>

> I've attached the pipeline graph, it's connected but clearly it has
> issues
> turning to running since the formats aren't negotiated just prior to
> the
> encoder.
>
> pipeline_run.dot
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4674311/pipeline_r
> un.dot>  ;
>
> This used to work with Android 5.1.1. If anyone has ideas I'll be
> glad to try it out. I did try to connect the videotestsrc and
> encodebin forcing NV21, but no difference since the videoconvert
> before the encoder converted to NV12 anyways.

Are the decoders working? And can you get a debug log with amc*:6?

For the debug log, edit gstreamer_android-1.0.c.in (note the .in) and
change the gst_debug_set_default_threshold() to
  gst_debug_set_threshold_from_string("2,amc*:6", TRUE)
and then rebuild your application with that.

Now you should get a lot of output on "adb logcat".