gstreamer undefined symbol: _gst_fraction_type error

stproj smpalasis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:53:19 PDT 2015

Greetings,

I have installed  GStreamer-1.6.0  along with  gst-plugins-base-1.6.0 and
gst-plugins-good-1.6.0  according to this guide:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/multimedia/gstreamer10.html
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/multimedia/gstreamer10.html>

My problem is that when i try to execute a compiled code i get this weird
error: *undefined symbol: _gst_fraction_type*

I compile like this *libtool --mode=link gcc `pkg-config --cflags --libs
gstreamer-1.0` -o myprog myprog.c* according to this:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-developing.html
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-developing.html>

I have seen no other reference to this error so any help you provide is
valuable.

Regards,
S.