RTSP Client Streamer

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Sep 3 00:49:02 PDT 2015

On Do, 2015-09-03 at 10:11 +0300, Sebastian Dröge wrote:

> This is the error here, receiving packets from the UDP socket failed
> for whatever reason. The error message is not very helpful as UDP is
> connection-less :)
> If I understand this correctly from the PCAP log, the problem is that
> we're sending data via UDP to the server in the beginning on the
> ports that would be used for receiving data from the server... the
> server replies via ICMP that those ports are unreachable, and then
> the socket fails with the above error on the receiver side. Not sure
> what exactly we're sending to the server there, it's not proper RTP
> and I don't think we should send anything there at all at this point.

What is sent there are 5 200 byte packets with random data to open up
NATs, so that we can actually receive back UDP packets for NATs that
have UDP "connection" tracking.

Unfortunately the server is not listening on that port, and we're using
the same socket for receiving UDP packets and sending these dummy
packets... so on the next time a packet is received, the socket reports
an error.

Please report this in Bugzilla? Thanks!