GStreamer windows, Java need your opinions

Deven deven.joseph at arcure.net
Thu Sep 3 01:30:53 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have to develop a software for windows OS using GStreamer and I want to
know some elements before my first tests/drafts.

Did you think it's better to develop into the Java language or C ?
Some advantages of Java language are portability and not use of Visual
Studio...
One other advantage is that I also have to build my software as a library
called by another Java program so it's better even if it's not necessarily
(JNI) to work with java.

Mean inconvenient is there is only a few people working with GStreamer Java
what it means less support particularly about writing a gstreamer plugin
into Java langage.

Did you have some experiences about writing a GStreamer plugin in Java
language?
Did you see other advantages or inconvienents of the Java for GStreamer ?