splitmuxsink arbitrary close

cottrelld david at elarm.com
Thu Sep 3 12:56:58 PDT 2015

Still working on this...

I have 2 issues I'm working through and could really use a hand:

1) Issue 1 (Biggest issue): Sending the EOS in the way you suggested stops
the whole pipeline.

  // Send an EOS on the writer queue to stop it gracefully
  GstPad* queueSinkPad = gst_element_get_static_pad
(gPipelineMgr->m_queueWriterTee, "sink");
  gst_pad_send_event(queueSinkPad, gst_event_new_eos ());
  gst_object_unref(queueSinkPad);

Sending the EOS gracefully closes the video, but then the whole pipeline
stops.  I wrote a simple echo filter and added it on another leg of the tee,
it just outputs a counter every second.  After I sent the EOS as above, the
echofilter stops outputing!  I'm trying to just close down my writer leg of
the tee.  Any idea why sending an EOS on one of the tee's queues would halt
everything in the pipeline even across the tee?

2) Issue 2: I'm not sure how to capture the EOS you mentioned.  I tried to
get the sink from splitmuxsink but can't.  I tried putting a listener for
pad creation, and I only see the video pad in the callback come through.
I'm currently just waiting 1 second and then close it down, but it'd be
smoother if I could figure out how to capture the EOS that the
splitmuxsink's sink sends out upon processing my EOS.  Note, I verified that
things stop before I manually remove the writer part of the tee by setting
it from 1 second to 100.  Could you give me a pointer to something that
listens on the splitmuxsink's bus as you mentioned?

Thanks for your patience and help!
-David