iMX6 hardware decode issue on Android

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Sep 4 06:51:35 PDT 2015

Le vendredi 04 septembre 2015 à 15:29 +0200, Carlos Rafael Giani a
écrit :
> You are referring to the Vivante video texture extension. While it
> does
> allow for zerocopy by using DMA to the video framebuffer, it also
> requires custom, Vivante-specific code, which glimagesink doesn't
> have.
> This is why I wrote eglvivsink in gstreamer-imx. Ideally, it would be
> possible to hook up the Vivante stuff through GLUploadMeta, but the
> discussion about this has been going on for a while:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-bugs/2014-April/12309
> 7.html

I think the discussion is not relevant to implementing the upload. We
where just trying to explain that you need to do some caps negotiation
and not just attach the meta. The reason is that after the upload, you
most likely have an RGBA texture (the caps MAY needs to reflect that).

Nicolas