Caps Intersection and Default Features.

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 08:47:08 PDT 2015

I just discovered that although the caps "video/x-raw" is assumed to be the
same as "video/x-raw(memory:SystemMemory)", its not the case if any other
feature is mentioned. So, if you have two caps like this, where the (...)
parts are identical:

"video/x-raw(meta:Foo), ..."
"video/x-raw(memory:SystemMemory, meta:Foo), ..."

if you intersect the caps you get EMPTY. I checked the source code for
gst_caps_intersect_full() and found that it only assumes a default feature
of memory:SystemMemory if features are completely empty. Wouldn't it make
more sense to assume memory:SystemMemory in the absence of any other
memory: feature?

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.