What is the width of an interleaved pixel returned by GstVideoFormatUnpack?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Sep 6 13:53:00 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using the GstVideoFormatUnpack function to return to me a full line of pixels from a given frame:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstvideo.html#GstVideoFormatUnpack

I am currently struggling to work out the resulting width of a single pixel returned. The docs are not sufficiently specific enough to work out the answer.

From reverse engineering the code it looks like it might be the following:

  uinfo = gst_video_format_get_info((&vframe)->info.finfo->unpack_format);
  width_in_bits = uinfo->n_components * uinfo->bits;

Can anyone confirm?

Regards,
Graham
—