Transcoding a video to XviD format with GStreamer

liberforce at freeside.fr liberforce at freeside.fr
Mon Sep 7 08:34:51 PDT 2015

Hum, not getting much attention, sadly.

Le 2015-09-03 15:03, liberforce at freeside.fr a écrit :
> The question is: How to encode a video into XviD  with GStreamer ? Wich
> plugin
> or pipeline should I use to have the `file` command identifying the
> produced
> files the same way as files produces with `mencoder`?

The fact is for example this documentation page looks broken, as it
still mentions
the xvidenc:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-avimux.html

I'd just like to know hot to port this 0.10 command line to 1.0, as
xvidenc element doesn't exist anymore.

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=250 \
!
'video/x-raw,format=(string)I420,width=320,height=240,framerate=(fraction)25/1'
\
! xvidenc ! queue ! mux. \
audiotestsrc num-buffers=440 ! audioconvert !
'audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2' \
! lame ! queue ! mux. \
avimux name=mux ! filesink location=test.avi

Any ideas someone ?