Playing mpd file with gstreamer-0.10

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Sep 8 06:27:36 PDT 2015

On Di, 2015-09-08 at 18:50 +0530, Mayank Agarwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to some compatibility issues i need to use gstreamer-0.10 to play
> mpd file, After putting libgstdashdemux.so i am able to play mpd file
> but it halts after 3 seconds.
> 1)How can i play mpd file using gstreamer-0.10.any sample pipeline.

Just playbin with the uri property set to the location of the MPD file.

But the DASH support in 0.10 was really minimal, and even in 1.x with x
< 5 it wasn't great. Really use 1.5.90 or newer if you need DASH
support.

> 2)If i need to port any gstreamer-1.0 plugins to play mpd file then
> which all plugins i need to port on gstreamer-0.10

You basically need to make your 0.10 version equivalent to 1.x for
that. It involves changes to various plugins, including dashdemux,
souphttpsrc, decodebin, playbin, multiqueue, changes to various base
classes including new API, and lots of new API that is needed for these
in GStreamer core (pad probes for example).
Additionally you need various bugfixes all over the place.

I don't think it's feasible to backport, it will be less work to port
whatever you're doing to 1.x.

> 3)Also once i am able to play mpd file using gstreamer how can i get
> bitrate/decoder characterstics in real time

What do you mean?