synchronize two rtsp streams from two sources

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Sep 8 06:58:43 PDT 2015

On Di, 2015-09-08 at 15:45 +0200, Pietro Bonfa' wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to synchronize two rtsp streams from two sources (2 RPis)
> connected with a 100Mbps Ethernet link.
>
> I'm using test-netclock.c with a command line like
>
> ./test-netclock "( rpicamsrc name=src preview=false fullscreen=0
> inline-headers=true bitrate=3000000 drc=off shutter-speed=12000
> contrast=10 brightness=50 saturation=10 ! video/x-h264,width=320,
> height=240, framerate=25/1 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96
> )"

One possible problem here is that both RPi are going to use their own
system clock for the net clock provider. You need to change this so
that there is only a single net clock provider used by both servers and
all clients.

That also means that the test-netclock code will have to use the
netclient clock for its pipeline.