How to know network bandwidth in run-time in gstreamer

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Tue Sep 8 09:57:30 PDT 2015

I don't think that there is a way. It would depend on your source. I am
stuck with the ancient 0.10.30 version and needed the same information. So
I modified the udpsrc and rtspsrc plugins to signal when they had
determined the bitrate. For the udpsrc I count the first 500 packets, sum
the size and divide by the elasped time. For the rtspsrc I access the AS
parameter in the SDP. They aren't perfect but work well enough.