v4l2src not closing the video device properly

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Sep 9 05:50:29 PDT 2015

Le mardi 08 septembre 2015 à 23:41 -0700, mariannasb a écrit :
> In my element I was returning GST_ELEMENT_ERROR if there was an error
> together with a GST_FLOW_OK.
> I can see that if I change the GST_FLOW_OK to GST_FLOW_ERROR I don't
> have
> the problem with the v4l2src anymore.
>
> So, was my elementy doing something "illegal" or there is a bug
> somewhere in
> v4l2src that didn't expect this situation?

This was not fully correct, I wouldn't say illegal (GStreamer law isn't
written yet ;-P). Though, it might indicate a bug upon shutting down
the pipeline after an error. There is no indication that it's v4l2src
fault, could be any element downstream simply leaking a buffer or a
memory object. In general, returning FLOW_ERROR or FLOW_FLUSHING will
cause the v4l2src thread to stop cleanly.

Nicolas