Link/unlink tee branch from a pipeline

Giacomo D omagico.olo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:57:14 PDT 2015

Hi to everyone.

I want to know if I can link/unlink a tee-branch from my pipeline without
stopping the streaming.
My situation is this:

src1 --> tee1 ---> videomixer --> videosink
            tee1 --> xvideosink1

src2 --> tee2 ---> videomixer --> videosink
            tee2 --> (unlinked)

After a little bit of time and when an event occurs I want to change the
situation to this:

src1 --> tee1 ---> videomixer --> videosink
            tee1 --> (unlinked)

src2 --> tee2 ---> videomixer --> videosink
            tee2 --> xvideosink1

I have read that I have to use PROBE on tee element and to send EOS to the
sink pad when I unlink the branch.
Is there a Python example to do this? In the future I want to save like a
.MP4 or .AVI file the streaming on the xvideosink1, is it possible? or
better, is it the right way to do this?

Thanks,
Giacomo