No rtsp teardown with fakesink or appsink.

Thibault Jochem thibault at jochem.fr
Tue Sep 15 04:27:10 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I can't have gstreamer to send rtsp teardown when
I'm using an appsink to grab pictures from the stream.

I wrote a small test program, trying several sinks, and everythings seems
Ok using d3dvideosink, but as soon as I plug a fakesink or an appsink, the
rtsp socket seems to be closed before the session is cleanly closed. This
is how I close the stream.

    gst_element_send_event(pipeline, gst_event_new_eos());

    gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_NULL);

    gst_object_unref (pipeline);

    gst_object_unref (bus);

Setting the gst-debug-level to 4 seems to work around the problem so it
make me think of a race condition.

Is it a bug, or am I missing something to cleanly close the pipeline ?

Best regards.

--
Thibault Jochem