Internal data flow errors when receiving RTSP stream

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 06:21:20 PDT 2015

<guille.rodriguez at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Il 12/08/2015 10:04, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am experiencing internal data flow errors when trying to display
>>> video over RTSP from a Hikvision NVR (specifically it is a
>>> DS-7616NI-SP).
>>
>> this nvr generate payloads different from the one declared inside sdp every
>> few seconds and gstreamer exit with not linked as soon as it receive these
>> packets
>>
>> please try the patch I posted here:
>>
>> https://bug739419.bugzilla-attachments.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=307284
>>
>> it simply drop any payload not declared inside sdp, no data is lost: these
>> extra payloads contain metadata used by hikvision player, vlc drop them too,
>>

> Very interesting indeed. This makes sense and matches the behaviour I am
> seeing. I will certainly try this patch and report back although it
> might take a few
> days before I can do it.

I have been unable to actually test this. The customer that reported
this problem tried a firmware update on the Hikvision NVR and reports
that the problem is gone. I actually have my doubts that the problem
is 100% fixed, so I have asked them to provide one of those NVRs to
play with it for a few days. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get
one yet..

Guillermo