Link/unlink tee branch from a pipeline

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Sep 15 23:20:33 PDT 2015

On Mi, 2015-09-16 at 09:09 +0800, hongming0724 at 163.com wrote:
> Hi ,SebastianDröge
> I was encountered the same problems . I have experiment with the code
> from https://coaxion.net/blog/2014/01/gstreamer-dynamic-pipelines/
> when I using gst_pad_add_probe(pad,GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_BLOCK_DOWNSTREA
> M,pad_block_cb,user_data, NULL) ,I found the pad_block_cb was called
> but the videostream was not blocked . The pad type
> GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_BLOCKING ,GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_DATA_DOWNSTREAM was
> used at the same time. The playback is nomarl as usual.
> Can you tell me why the block pad do not block the videstream?

What do you mean with it does not block the videostream? It very
shortly blocks the video stream, changes things in the pipeline, and
then unblocks it again. You don't see an interruption of playback,
which is the whole point here.

If you keep the pad probe and don't remove it, the video stream will be
blocked until you remove it.