Building From source using Cerbero

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Sep 17 13:55:33 PDT 2015

On Do, 2015-09-17 at 14:53 -0500, David Wells wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m setting up a development environment as described http://docs.gst
> reamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero

Don't use the cerbero or anything from gstreamer.com. It's a website
unrelated to the GStreamer project and completely outdated,
unmaintained and based on the old 0.10 release series of GStreamer.

The official GStreamer website is http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org

> Host machine is Windows 7 Professional
> I’ve completed steps defined in ‘Windows users’ section.
>
> When attempting to get a copy of Cerbero, I get following error:
>

> $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero
> Cloning into ‘cerbero’…
> Fatal: unable to connect to anongit.freedesktop.org:
> anongit.freedesktop.org[0: 131.252.210.161]: errno=No error

That's a network problem apparently, maybe your firewall is blocking
the GIT port?

> My searching has not produce help. what do I need to do to get a copy
> of cerbero?

From here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

It works the same way as the one from gstreamer.com but builds the
latest GStreamer version.