Audioconvert from INT16bits to FLOAT64bits

Sébastien FENET sebastien.fenet at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 18 10:47:41 PDT 2015

Hi all!
I'm using GStreamer 1.0 under Python (through PyGI).
I have a little issue with audioconvert.
I want to convert some S16LE samples to F64LE.
As far as I know, this should simply be a division by 2**(16-1).
For a strange reason, the factor used in Audioconvert is slightly lower (something like 1+5e-10 times lower).
The result is that the output signal may have samples greater than 1 (I think I'm not the only one to observe this: get gstreamer audioconvert to output signed 32-bit floats from -1 to 1)
Does anyone know why Audioconvert would do such a thing? Am I missing something?
Thanks a lot!Seb.

|   |
| get gstreamer audioconvert to output signed 32-bit float...Trying to figure out how to get gstreamer to output raw audio data as signed 32-bit floats in the range of -1 to 1. Here's what I've got so far, but these values ... |
|  |
| Afficher sur stackoverflow.com | Aperçu par Yahoo |
|  |
|   |