Regarding time seek at the time of video playback

KumaraswamyHollaV timetogod at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 05:31:10 PDT 2015

I am trying to replay recorded video.

In first case, I had used the following pipeline in the code: gst-launch
playbin uri=file:///home/kumaraswamy/Desktop/Demo.mp4

In second case, I had used the following pipeline in the code: gst-launch
filesrc location=/home/kumaraswamy/Desktop/Demo.mp4 ! decodebin !
autovideosink

Usually when I pause and play the pipeline replaying the video, I don't find
any issue.

But for both the cases, when I follow the following sequence I find a
problem:
1) Paused the pipeline in from play state to pause  with the help of
following function --> gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED);
2) Checked the current time of pipeline using the following function -->
gst_element_query_position (pipelineT, &format, &currentTime);
It had displayed the current time as 3 seconds
3) Tried to jump for some known time using following function -->
gst_element_seek_simple (pipelineT,GST_FORMAT_TIME, GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH |
GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT , 30000000000);
3) When I had used query position, it had displayed 30 seconds (as
expected).
4) I tried to bring the state of pipeline from paused state to play state
with the help of following function --> gst_element_set_state (pipeline,
GST_STATE_PLAY);
But the problem which I have found over here is, instead of continuing from
the 30th second, it jumped to 403rd second where last frame was recorded.
"Demo.mp4" is uploaded here -->
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ED1EC3A2CA646550!129&authkey=!AHHLZ148zgvX1GU&ithint=video%2cmp4
Please let me know the changes required.